Barbara is an empathetic and experienced counselor who works with her clients to map out an individualized plan for success. Barbara provides treatment and facilitates change for older teens and adults, addressing issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, self-esteem, and adjusting to life's changes and transitions. She works with clients to increase overall resiliency and coping strategies to better handle the difficulties of life. Barbara works with her clients to decrease patterns of negative thinking and to help establish a more accurate and optimistic outlook, leading to an overall sense of competence, well-being, and happiness.
Barbara earned her Masters & Specialist degrees in counseling at Rider University. She is licensed in the states of Florida, Pennsylvania, & South Carolina. She received specialized training as a Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC), allowing her to offer secure video sessions, so you may participate in the comfort of your own home. Barbara is also a national certified counselor (NCC) and a certified school counselor in Pennsylvania and Florida.
As an instructor certified by Florida DCF, Barbara provides monthly "Children In Between" classes, which meet the Florida Family Court's requirement that divorcing/separating couples with minor children must complete a DCF approved parenting class before finalizing a divorce.
Barbara recently relocated to Florida from Pennsylvania with her husband and two Shetland Sheep dogs. She has twin daughters who are “emerging adults” living in NY and PA.
• Anxiety/Social Anxiety
• Stress Management
• Emerging Adults
• Adjusting to Difficult Life Transitions
• Parenting Skills and Strategies; Parenting the Difficult Child
• Career Counseling
• Women’s Issues
• LGBTQ Concerns
• Making and Navigating Adult Friendships
• Health Psychology – chronic illness, pain, the mind-body connection
• Private Practice Counselor since 2012
• School Counselor – working with children, parents, and families
• College Counselor – working with late teens and adults
• Sexual Assault Counselor training and hotline counselor for victims of sexual assault
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
• Florida Counseling Association (FCA)
• Gulf Coast Mental Health Counselors (GCMHC)
• National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
• Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Honor Society
• Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
• Certified TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH)